Longboat Key is a beautiful place to live, work, and visit. Unfortunately, accidents can happen anywhere. If you have been in a car accident in Longboat FL, here are some steps to take:
1. If you are able, move your vehicle to the side of the road. Turn on your hazard lights to warn other drivers.
2. Call 911 or the Longboat Key Police Department and tell them your location. The dispatcher will send an officer and an ambulance, if needed, to your location.
3. Do not try to leave the scene of the accident. Once the police and medical personnel arrive, they will assess the situation and determine what needs to be done next. They will collect infomation from all drivers.
4. If you are injured, receive medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you feel like you are not seriously hurt, it is always best to get checked out by a doctor. You can go to Sarasota Memorial Hospital or other area hospital.
5. Consult with a car accident lawyer to understand your rights and options.
6. Lastly, contact your insurance company and let them know about the accident.
Following these steps will help ensure that everyone involved in the accident is safe and that the appropriate steps are taken to investigate and resolve the incident.