If you're involved in a car accident, it's important to take care of yourself and your vehicle as soon as possible. Here are some important steps you can take:
- Get to a safe place and turn on your hazard lights.
- Call the police. The Wheaton Police Department will dispatch an officer to the scene of the accident. The officer will collect information from all parties involved and file a report. This report may be needed if you file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Check for injuries. Even if you feel fine, you should seek medical treatment at a local hospital, such as AdventHealth GlenOaks or Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved.
- all your insurance company and report the accident.
By following these simple steps, you can help ensure that everyone involved in the accident is taken care of and that all of the necessary paperwork is completed.