In the event of a collision, be sure to follow these initial steps:
- Move your car out of the line of traffic.
- Check yourself and other parties for injuries and call 911, if necessary.
- Call the police and report the car accident.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other parties involved.
- Take pictures of the crash scene, including visible injuries, vehicle positions, and vehicle damage.
- Get immediate medical attention, even if you feel fine.
- Report your car accident to your insurance company. Only provide basic details.
Once you’ve completed the initial steps, it’s time to file your Arizona car accident claim. Before you proceed, it’s important to speak to an experienced car accident attorney who can advise you on your rights and legal options.
Avoid speaking to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They often use tactics to reduce your compensation, prolong the settlement process, or deny your claim entirely. They may ask you trick questions to convince you to admit fault. Or, they may take anything you say out of context.
If they contact you, let them know that you have legal representation, and all further communications must go through your lawyer. Let an attorney file your claim for you, so you don’t make any errors that could jeopardize your chances of getting compensation.