A truck can cause an accident for a variety of reasons: trucker error, defective equipment, or cargo issues. Here are some common reasons why semi-trucks, garbage trucks, and box trucks cause serious accidents:
- Driver fatigue
- Lack of maintenance
- Overloaded cargo
- Truckers driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Trucker error or inexperience
An experienced Texas truck accident lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation that gets down to the truth of what happened – whether the insurance and trucking companies want to cooperate or not.
Where do truck accidents happen in Texas?
Most major truck accidents in Texas happen on highways, many of which are on the federal Primary Highway Freight System or PHFS. In Texas, highways where multiple truck accidents have been known to occur include:
- Houston – I-69, I-10, US-290, TX-225
- Dallas Fort Worth – I-635, I-820, I-35, I-45, I-20, I-30
- Austin and San Antonio – I-410, I-35, I-10, I-37
- Midland and Odessa – I-20