Tire blowouts can lead to a variety of dangerous truck accidents. Some of the most common ones include:
- Rollover accidents: The sudden loss of tire pressure can cause the truck to flip over, posing a serious risk to nearby vehicles.
- Jackknife accidents: A tire blowout can result in a sudden loss of traction, causing the trailer to swing out to the side and form an angle. This is known as a jackknife accident. These accidents can block multiple lanes and result in severe damage.
- Head-on collision accidents: When a tire blowout occurs, the sudden loss of control and stability can make it difficult for the driver to maneuver the truck safely. This can lead to a head-on collision with another vehicle.
- Lane departure accidents: A tire blowout can cause the truck to veer out of its lane or off the road. This happens when the driver is caught off guard and unable to regain control of the truck.
- Underride accidents: In some cases, a tire blowout can cause the truck to come to a sudden stop. This can lead to an underride accident when a smaller vehicle collides with the rear or side of the truck and slides underneath.