Here are five common ways that highway accidents can happen:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle hits the back of another vehicle. This can happen if the leading vehicle stops suddenly, or the following driver is not paying attention.
- Sideswipes: Sideswipes often occur when a driver fails to check their blind spot before changing lanes. They can also happen when a driver merges onto a highway without yielding to other vehicles.
- Running off the road: This type of accident can occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle and runs off the road. This can result in a collision with a fixed object or another vehicle.
- Rollovers: Rollovers often happen when a driver veers into a ditch or a vehicle gets struck on the side by another vehicle.
- Head-on collision: Head-on collisions involve two vehicles colliding with each other while traveling in opposite directions. This can occur when a driver drifts into the oncoming lane or goes the wrong way on an on-ramp or off-ramp.