If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to several types of damages. These damages are generally categorized into two types: economic damages and non-economic damages.
The type of economic damages you can recover include:
- Medical expenses: This includes costs for emergency treatment, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and any future medical care related to your injury.
- Lost wages and earning capacity: Compensation for lost wages covers the income lost due to your motorcycle accident. Compensation for lost earning capacity addresses the impact of the injury on your ability to earn in the future
- Property damage: This covers the repair or replacement of the motorcycle and any other personal property damaged in a collision.
You can also be compensated for non-economic damages such as:
- Pain and suffering: This includes the physical pain and emotional distress suffered due to the motorcycle accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Compensation may be awarded for the loss of enjoyment of activities and hobbies that you can no longer participate in due to your injuries.
- Emotional distress: This includes anxiety, depression, trauma, and other psychological impacts of the motorcycle accident.